Most of the time I’m pretty laid back – but sometimes I feel so strongly about something that I am compelled to express my opinion. Since my kitty doesn’t really care about my opinion, it’s a good thing I now have this section on my website! Read it or not, as you wish. I’m just hoping to have my say. Stir up a little controversy. Elicit a few laughs. And like that. Do feel free to argue, comment, question, or whatever. Just keep it clean and polite. This is a family site. 🙂
- Imagining the Unimaginable September 25, 2020 - Suppose Trump gets re-elected with the help of voter suppression, dishonesty and other modes of cheating…
- “British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read” November 7, 2019 - “…fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.” “He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.” Thanks to my pal Beth Sissons for pointing me in the direction of this excellent article!
- 10 Reasons I’m Happy to Live in Canada June 30, 2019 - In honour (notice Canadian spelling! 😉) of Canada Day tomorrow, July 1st, I thought I’d write a little post saying why I love living in Canada.
- Before Our Eyes, part 2 October 23, 2018 - Re the Orange Madman to the South:
- Before Our Eyes March 17, 2018 - Before our eyes we are witnessing the destruction – from within – of our great neighbour to the south of us, that bastion of democracy, the United States of America.
- Toddler Gun Tips February 15, 2018 - Hi, little boys and girls in the USA! Here are your gun tips of the day, summed up in wee pint-sized tidbits for you.
- Nutcases in the U.S.? August 16, 2017 - I didn’t think there were that many, okay? I said Trump would never win any primaries – voters have more sense than that. Then I said…
- American Sociopath June 5, 2017 - The following is a link to The Daily Kos, a progressive publication I receive as a daily newsletter by email. It features an article that is all over social media by now. In case you’ve missed it, check it out; it’s well worth a read.
- A message to my American friends February 27, 2017 - This is an extremely eloquent, heartfelt comment on one of Dan Rather’s Facebook posts, on his page. It brought me to tears. Please repost it far and wide. Thank you.
- January 20, 2017 January 23, 2017 - January 20, 2017: A Friday Folly of the Worst Kind. I’ve reposted my special Friday Follies #72 here in my IMHO category – in case you missed it.
- January 20, 2017 – A Primer December 30, 2016 - So 21 days from now, America will inaugurate a person as president, someone practically no one ever expected to see as the next occupant of the Oval Office. A person who…
- Arrival November 26, 2016 - SPOILER ALERT! Do not read this if you haven’t seen the movie. You have been warned! 😉
- Carrot Foam? November 6, 2016 - I speak to you today as a lover of plain food. Not for me the aforesaid carrot foam (orange goop!), braised deer slices (bye-bye Bambi! 😦 ) or pickled quail eggs. I am of the opinion that only pickles should be pickled. But that’s just me.
- Guest Post September 19, 2016 - My pal Catherine Rahal wrote the following excellent piece on her Facebook page, and has very kindly given me permission to repost it on my blog. Thanks so much, Cathy. [Note: I will be back posting here at the end of next week. I have an out-of-town guest, and then am going to visit my … Continue reading Guest Post
- Rise of the Swamp Gas September 12, 2016 - Ok, people. This has gone far enough! We have a lovely channel here called Animal Planet. Can you please tell me why it features such idiotic fare as:
- 2 Americas August 4, 2016 - Originally posted on Crossed Eyes and Dotted Tees:
We Canadians are a pretty observant bunch, generally speaking. My friends and I, for example, have been steadily observing the election-year craziness south of our border, and it’s become exceedingly clear that you actually have not just one country, but two… The breakdown looks roughly like this:…
- Liberty July 25, 2016 - Regarding Trump’s campaign of hate and fear towards ‘undocumented’ immigrants, not to mention all Muslims… he must be unaware of the words engraved on the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty – an icon of hope for refugees and all new Americans for 130 years:
- A Message for ISIS (aka Daesh, ISIL, IS…) July 15, 2016 - Originally posted on Crossed Eyes and Dotted Tees:
Dear ISIS (aka Daesh, ISIL, IS…), I am so glad to see that you brave fighters have taken it upon yourselves to murder innocent women, men and children in various attacks around the world. Isn’t it wonderful that you have access to great weapons of death, such…
- Let’s allow pets in seniors’ residences! April 12, 2016 - Now look. There should be no argument about this. Studies have absolutely proven the benefits to older adults living with their beloved pets. Here are a few, borrowed from http://www.petsfortheelderly.org/articles.html:
- Seniors’ Stuff – I speak my mind… for about 30 seconds. March 22, 2016 - My little bits are at the beginning and the end: