Happy August, fellow Folliers! Here’s the quiz I promised you, and I hope you don’t mind if it’s a rerun from 2017. All the more reason – if you’ve seen it before – why you should get perfect on it, right? Right?? LOL!
Your mission – should you decide to accept it – is to fill in the blanks with the right word. Not on the screen! On paper. This isn’t timed, so no pressure. This is just to see if you’ve been paying attention for the last 230+ FF posts! 😄
Answers are at the end. Ready? Go!
- She was given free (reign, rein) for her choice of topic.
- The test was confusing; he didn’t understand (it’s, its) premise.
- The nurse tried to (staunch, stanch) the flow of blood.
- As she read his profile, her interest was (peaked, peeked, piqued).
- When he (peeked, piqued, peaked) into the kitchen he saw his dad cooking.
- The temperature won’t have any (affect, effect) on the game.
- The transcripts were (publicly, publically) available.
- I said it was a (priveledge, privalege, privilege, priviledge, privilidge) to serve on the committee.
- She was taking classes at the (high school, high-school) campus.
- Her high score (augers, augurs, augars) well for the future.
- She was a junior tennis champion back when she was (fifteen years old, fifteen-years-old).
- Chateau Lasalle is a prestigious (seniors’, senior’s, seniors, senior) residence.
- He (led, lead) the team last year in goals scored.
- The woman (who’s, whose) coat is still hanging there left without it.
- He (harrassed, harassed) her so much she was almost (embarassed, embarrassed) for him!
- She was (incredible, incredulous) regarding the cancelled tennis match!
- From the wet puddles on the court, she (implied, inferred) that it had rained.
- If they wore helmets, it would (lesson, lessen) the potential damage in the event of a fall.
- She liked to go on social media and give (advise, advice) to people in need.
- The renowned actor recently filed a (suit, suite) against three of the complainants.
ANSWERS: Scroll down. Scroll waaayyyyyy down!
- fifteen years old
- harassed; embarrassed (half a point each!)
18-20 correct: Congrats! You’ve been paying attention! Pat yourself on the back!
15-17 correct: Not too shabby! Keep on reading FF columns! You’re getting there!
12-14 correct: Sort of kind of maybe fair-to-good. 😀 Keep on reading FF columns!
11 or less correct: Oh noooo! Immediate repair is needed! You should go back and read all 234 previous Friday Follies columns (again). And next time you’ll do much better! 🙂