Aaaand we’re back! Greetings one and all, from the Grammar Cop! Here’s a brand-new mess o’ miserable mistakes for you to mull over.
- Why does over 44% of Americans still approve of Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus crisis?
- The site itself is extraordinary, but even more, is the mysterious aura in which the entire site is shrouded in.
- The water always taste’s fresh, since the filter system removes any impurities and the stagnant taste via a charcoal filter.
And the corrections:
- What’s the problem here? Easy-peasy! The singular verb form “does” must be changed to the plural do, in order to agree with the plural “44% of Americans.”
- Whoever wrote this abysmal sentence was perhaps sleep-deprived; it should be rewritten. Let’s take a stab at it: The site itself is extraordinary, and is shrouded in a mysterious aura. (The word “aura” is mysterious itself in this context! What the heck does the writer mean? We don’t know. A little more precision would be appreciated, right?)
- The abomination in this sentence is “taste’s.” We never use ‘s with a verb. It should be tastes fresh.
Clear as mud? The Grammar Cop’s excuse is that she is sleep-deprived. She bids you good day until next Friday and hopes you have a safe and healthy week!