Here are some accidentally funny comments made by sports commentators that I’m sure they would like to take back if they could!
- Weightlifting commentator at the Olympic Snatch and Jerk event: “This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.”
- Ted Walsh, horse racing commentator: “This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.”
- Grand Prix race announcer: “The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one in front of the similar one in back.”
- Greg Norman, pro golfer: “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.”
- Ringside boxing analyst: “Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing – but none of them really that serious.”
- Baseball announcer: “If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.”
- Basketball analyst: “He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn’t like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.”