First of all, to everyone:
HAPPY NEW YEAR – MAY IT BE SWEET, SPECIAL AND SAFE!
Here’s a popular re-post from a few years ago. Yes, I’m still in lazy-holiday mode! 😄 Enjoy – and make my resolutions your resolutions!
10 Resolutions for the Grammatically Challenged
- I will check in the dictionary if I’m not sure how to spell a word.
- I will buy a book on grammar and thus no longer have ignorance of the rules as an excuse for boo-boos.
- I will follow many grammar blogs – especially this one!
- I will show my writing to someone capable of proofreading it before I publish it.
- I will not misuse “its” and “it’s” which is writing’s greatest sin.
- I will not beat myself up over typos – accidental errors – of which we’re all guilty.
- I will, however, always read over what I’ve posted – anywhere – to catch typos before they see the light of day.
- I will read fewer comments on social media, lest I see grammar glitches even worse than the ones I make.
- I will read more good books which model excellent English usage.
- Im going reade ovur zeez extra speshul poynts and tayke dems wit a granes uv salte.