In honour (notice Canadian spelling! 😉) of Canada Day tomorrow, July 1st, I thought I’d write a little post saying why I love living in Canada.
- We don’t go broke paying our healthcare costs – (both care and premiums)!
- Our university tuition is nowhere near that of our southern neighbour (note Canadian spelling yet again)!
- Our conspiracy theorists are fewer and less, um, disturbed, than in the U.S.
- Gets hot in summer but not nearly as bad as in, say, Arizona.
- Biggest maple-syrup producer in world. Case closed.
- More robust beer than in the U.S. (So I’m told; I don’t drink beer!)
- We’re better dressed (or at least fully dressed) when in Wal-mart. And the subway.
- Amazing inventions make me proud!
- Birthplace of poutine. Drool all you want, yours will never rival ours.
- Our current prime minister is much saner than your president.
I may have forgotten a few; sorry! 😄 Readers are invited to add items in the comments below. Happy 152nd Anniversary, Canada!