So 21 days from now, America will inaugurate a person as president, someone practically no one ever expected to see as the next occupant of the Oval Office. A person who…
- …is ruled by his emotions, tweeting at 3 a.m. his hurt feelings because an impersonator on TV wasn’t being “nice” to him.
- who is thrilled that a certain ruthless dictator was “nice” to him.
- who thinks it’s fine for his children to sit in on high-level briefings and obtain the highest-security level access.
- who has denigrated women and various ethnic groups with slurs and demeaning epithets.
- who wonders why the US hasn’t used their nukes by now. (I mean, they’re just sitting there!)
- who has zero experience in government – and not much among his extreme-right-wing appointees, either.
- who changes his mind on issues so often it can cause whiplash.
- who is completely unschooled in geopolitical issues with no desire (or attention span) to learn about them either.
- who has at least six bankruptcies under his belt. (So much for his great business acumen – believe me.)
- On the other hand, he has oodles of experience conning hopeful real-estate students out of huge sums of money for “courses.”
- has not paid his share of income taxes for many years.
- has not paid many contractors – large and small – for work done.
We had better quit while we’re ahead. This new “leader” is someone who likes to threaten adversaries with lawsuits – or jail.