First of all, to everyone:
HAPPY NEW YEAR – MAY IT BE SWEET, SMART AND SAFE!
(and free of alliterative bloggers!)
10 Resolutions for the Grammatically Challenged
- I will check in the dictionary if I’m not sure how to spell a word.
- I will buy a book on grammar and thus no longer have ignorance of the rules as an excuse.
- I will follow many grammar blogs – especially this one!
- I will show my writing to someone capable of proofing it before I publish it – anywhere.
- I will not misuse “its” and “it’s” which is writing’s greatest sin.
- I will not beat myself up over typos – accidental errors – of which we’re all guilty.
- However, I will always read over what I’ve posted – anywhere – to catch many typos before they escape.
- I will read fewer comments on social media lest I relearn bad grammar.
- I will read more good books which model excellent English usage.
- I am going reade theze poynts and tayke dems withe a granes uv salte.